Suggestions for Egg-free eatingPublished on Saturday, 23 June 2012 16:43
- Category: Eggs
- Written by Super User
- Fresh vegetable or fruit juice or fresh fruit with yogurt
- Whole cooked cereals like rice, corn, barley, rye millet, oatmeal, buckwheat, quinoa, or amaranth. Commercial preparations of cream of rice, rye, and barley and corn grits are available. Also, you may home grind any of these grains to make a fresh creamed cereal. These hot cereals can be eaten thinned with water or take with cow, goat, rice, soy, almond, or oat milk.
- Many cold cereals are available at the health food store. Examples include pure rice or millet puffs, 100% oat cereal, corn flakes, spelt flakes, flax, kamut, and kasha.
Lunch and Dinner
- A basic meal of cooked low carbohydrate vegetables, beans or meat (fish, chicken, turkey, beef, etc.) grain, or root crop
- Bean soups (lentil, black bean) with cooked vegetables
- Stir-fry vegetables with meat or tofu
- Seafood with pasta and vegetables
- Broiled or poached fish
- Grain casseroles, such as Indian millet with currants and sunflower seeds or roasted pecans with wild rice
- Bean dishes, such as twice-cooked beans wrapped in corn tortillas, red lentil, dhal, or vegetarian chili
- Poultry, such as fresh chicken-vegetable soup or baked, roasted, or stir-fried chicken
- Any meal can be spiced up with whole foods substitutes for family favorites, such as baked
- French fries or baked sweet potato chips, vegetables with active-culture yogurt dips, and “jellos” made of agar agar (gelatinous substance derived from seaweed) or pure Knox brand gelatin with fruit juice as an optional sweetener.
- Japanese rice balls filled with avocado or tuna
- Trail mix with fresh nuts and seeds
- Whole grain muffins or crackers (wheat-free are easier to digest)
- Baked corn or potato chips
- Fresh fruit
- All-natural gelatin sweetened with fruit juice