Have It Your Way? Well, if you care about avoiding the brain damaging additive MSG at Burger King, you’re not going to get it your way. A large portion of their lunch menu items are highly loaded with Monosodium Glutamate and other forms of free glutamate/free glutamic acid. Of course, you should know that fast food is not health food in any respect. Regardless of how the fast food chains market their products, they are typically highly loaded with excitotoxins. You may also want to read how MSG is linked to Obesity and also a study by the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill School of Public Health published in the journal Obesity. Also, MSG Causes Rapid Brain Cell Death and Studies show MSG Fed Mice became Grossly Obese.
The following Burger King menu items contain Monosodium Glutamate (MSG):
- BREADED ORIGINAL CHICKEN PATTY (Fried): Monosodium Glutamate in the patty and ALSO breaded with Monosodium Glutamate
- SPICY CHICK’N CRISP™ PATTY (Fried)
- Breaded TENDERCRISP® Chicken Filet (Fried Whole Muscle Breast)
- BK®CHICKEN FRIES (Fried)
- Crown Shaped CHICKEN TENDERS® (Fried)
- SAUSAGE (Fried)
- Sausage Gravy
The following Burger King menu items contain Autolyzed Yeast Extract:
- TENDERGRILL® CHICKEN FILET (grilled): Autolyzed Yeast Extract in the meat filet and ALSO glazed with Autolyzed Yeast Extract
- GARLIC PARMESAN CROUTONS – SALAD TOPPINGS Autolyzed Yeast extract
- LOADED POTATO Topping (for Steakhouse Burger)
- SMOKY CHEESE SAUCE
The following Burger King menu items contain MSG in the form of Sodium Caseinate:
- BISCUIT – Contains MSG (free glutamate) in the form of: Sodium Caseinate
- CROISSANT – Contains MSG (free glutamate) in the form of: Sodium Caseinate
The following Burger King menu items contain mulitple forms of MSG (free glutamate) in various forms:
BK VEGGIE® BURGER PATTY: Supplied by MORNINGSTAR FARMS® – Contains MSG (free glutamate) in the form of: Textured Vegetable Protein (TVP), Calcium Caseinate, Hydrolyzed Corn, Soy, and Wheat Protein, Autolyzed Yeast Extract, Natural Flavors.
Want to learn more about the hidden ingredients in all of the major foods you eat? Learn, track and share with others within the powerful FoodFacts community. The world’s most comprehensive food ingredient database is at your disposal. Learn more about FoodFacts, then join now to become empowered and take control of your health and nutritional lifestyle.